LAKE LEMON MARINA RULES
Lake Lemon Marina is an active place for recreation with lots of people and families visiting or renting docks who have investments in the safety of their loved ones and their watercraft. These rules and regulations help assure the safety and comfort of all Marina renters and guests as well as the Marina itself. These Rules should be reviewed by everyone to assure compliance and are included, by reference, in all Marina Agreements. “Renter” as used in these Rules means a person who has licensed under an agreement with the Marina (“Marina Agreement”) a wet or dry dock from the Marina or a person who has rented a Marina watercraft or the LemonLife Lodge at Lake Lemon.
- Identification. All Watercraft (and trailers) berthed, docked, or stored (“Docked”) in the Marina must be properly registered as required by Indiana state law. Registration numbers or licenses, as applicable, shall be displayed according to the regulations of the issuing agency. A Lake Lemon Conservancy District (“LLCD”) boat permit is required for most Watercraft to use Lake Lemon and must be purchased at the Marina and displayed on all such Watercraft. Also, beginning for the 2023 Season, wet and dry slip renters must display a Marina-provided sticker on their registered watercraft and vehicle(s) to be parked in the Marina lot with their slip number.
- Compliance with Laws. Marina visitors, Watercraft owners, and their invitees and authorized users must comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations (“Applicable Regulations”) of any U.S. federal, state, county, and municipal authority (“Authority”), including, without limitation, carrying/wearing all required safety and life saving devices. Applicable Regulations include, without limitation The Handbook of Indiana Boating Laws and Responsibilities and the LLCD Lake Lemon Rules and Ordinances.
- Insurance. Watercraft Docked in the Marina will have and maintain in effect, for the duration of Agreements, an “all-risk” insurance policy, in an amount at least equal to the actual value of the Watercraft and the Watercraft’s contents and any appurtenant equipment (e.g., a Lift). A certificate of insurance shall be filed with any Marina Agreement application and the certificate shall be maintained at the Marina office.
- Dock Use. Only those Watercraft or Lifts designated in Marina Agreements may occupy their assigned Docks, unless otherwise posted or expressly allowed by the Marina. No commercial or business use shall be made of the docks or facility without the express written consent of the Marina. Docks or slips may not be used for overnight stays or sleeping on the dock or in watercraft without express permission from Marina ownership.
- Exchange or Subleasing Slips. No swapping, exchanging, sharing, assigning, or sublicensing of Docks shall be permitted without prior written consent of Marina.
- Boat Mooring. Watercraft shall be properly secured to the Dock with bow, stem, and spring lines necessary to safely and securely connect to the Dock by using the cleats provided by the Marina at the Dock. Only Marina personnel may install additional cleats. Lines shall be minimally one-half inch in diameter for strength . All Watercraft shall be outfitted with fenders to protect the dock and Watercraft. If Marina staff see that a Watercraft is improperly secured, the Marina may in the Marina’s discretion and without liability, provide new lines and/or refasten the craft and charge for this service. Marina personnel are available to advise on proper methods of mooring and line and fenders may be available in the Marina Store. No dock boxes, steps, pads, or other modifications to docks are permitted without prior written permission. Dock walkways shall be kept clear of owners’ lines, supplies, equipment and trash.
- Child, Guest, FISHING, SWIMMING, CAMPING and Personal Safety. Children and non-swimmers shall be encouraged to wear personal flotation devices on boats and around the docks and shorelines. All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. No running or swimming is permitted in the Marina. Fishing is not allowed at the Marina without permission from the Marina ownership. Swimming around the Marina docks or shoreline without express permission from the Marina is strictly prohibited. Camping is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Marina grounds without express permission of Marina ownership. The Marina launching ramp is extremely slick and extreme care must be used around it. Normal launch/load procedures do not require anyone to enter the water. Marina personnel are available to advise on proper methods of launching and loading Watercraft. WARNING: You use the Marina grounds at your own risk and the Marina provides no warranty, express or implied, regarding the Marina grounds, store, merchandise, rental watercraft, pets, events or other any building, land, water, service, food or beverage item, entertainment, animal, or other goods on the Marina property as to the safety or fitness of any such item for any particular purpose. You are solely liable for any personal injury or damage or loss to any of your personal property to yourself or your guests or in any way caused by you or your guests on the Marina Property. The Marina grounds are under 24/7 camera monitoring and you should expect that your activities on the Marina grounds are under surveillance by the Marina.
- Fire Protection. No fires are allowed on Watercraft or Docks within the Marina. Charcoal grills may be used only in designated areas, with the prior permission of the Marina. Watercraft may NOT be fueled by any other method except from pumps at the Marina fuel dock. Any fuel cans or other receptacles that are not an essential part of the Watercraft are prohibited at the Marina, except those that hold less than or equal to 1 gallon of gas and are to be used for emergency use only. No exceptions are allowed, except as expressed in the immediately preceding sentence. The fuel dock is a strict no smoking area and posted rules shall be followed there. No boat repair, paint removal or cleaning operations resulting in flammable waste or using open flames shall be permitted.
- Electrical Safety. All electrical connections to Watercraft will be made at the adjacent power post. Connecting cables shall be of an approved type, in good condition, suitable for marine applications and kept out of the water. Boat electrical equipment shall be maintained in good and safe condition.
- Weather Conditions. Each Watercraft owner has sole responsibility for his/her boat’s protection from any type of weather or other geological event. The Marina will assist when feasible and offer services, at standard rates, if time and staff availability allow but recommends that all Watercraft be examined personally as soon as possible after storm conditions for dewatering and damage.
- Sanitary Facilities. Overboard discharge of any waste is prohibited on Lake Lemon. The Marina has pump out equipment for watercraft (and RV’s) for removing waste from holding tanks for a fee. Please notify Marina personnel to arrange for use. Shore side facilities have complimentary showers for Renters and their young children only. Guests may be required to pay for shower use at the Marina office. Every user is responsible for helping maintain the cleanliness of all these facilities.
- Trash. No garbage, trash, fluids, or other debris shall be thrown overboard or left on Marina grounds. Trash must be in adequate bags and deposited in provided containers on shore at the Marina. Household trash from off-Marina Premises may not be discarded in Marina-provided trash receptacles. The Marina reserves the right to require anyone found discarding household trash at the Marina to remove such household trash or be banned from the Marina Premises.
- Pets. Pets must be under direct control of a responsible adult and shall be required to be removed if disturbing other users. The Marina may require the removal of any pet for any or no reason in Marina’s discretion. All dogs must be leashed and under the control of their owner on the Marina Premises.
- Noise. Noise is a deterrent to everyone’s enjoyment of the waterfront. Excessive, bothersome noise from engines, radios, and other equipment is not permitted. Sailboat halyards and other such lines must be tied off to prevent stray noise. No one shall play any radio or speaker loudly in or around the Marina Store or the LemonLife Lodge.
- Soliciting. Soliciting or advertising is not permitted, except as expressly allowed by Marina management.
- Gate Card / Restroom Access. After hours (and only during the hours determined by Marina, in its sole discretion), Renters may access Marina with an individualized gate card or access code for certain doors provided at the Marina management. Only immediate families have authority to use their assigned gate card or access code. Use is monitored by the Marina (including by camera) for security and abuse of privilege will result in cancellation of gate card or access code and possibly of the Marina Agreement or other rental agreement with the Marina with such user. If a tenant loses or shares a gate access card or access code to a third-party, the tenant will be assessed a fee to replace such card and for the administrative burden of de-activating the lost card or access code. No guest or other user that is not an immediate family member shall enter the Marina Premises outside of the Marina’s regular business hours. This same policy goes for any after-hour access to the public Marina Restrooms that the Marina provides to Renters by access code or otherwise (which may be provided for an additional fee).
- Disorderly Conduct. Marina management may terminate any Marina Agreement and/or remove and ban (for any period of time) any Renter, guest, or user from the Marina for any conduct that is (i) obnoxious, harassing, taunting, profane, chemically impaired, criminal, or otherwise disorderly (as determined by Marina management in its sole discretion), (ii) damage to the Marina or damage to personal property of or bodily injury to any other Renter, guest, or user, or (iii) any other violation of these Rules. Marina management reserves the right to require (including by contacting the Authorities) any Renter, guest, or user to leave the Marina Premises at any time for any or no reason.
- Outside Contractors. All vendors must obtain permission to work on any Watercraft, Lift, or any other property or vehicle anywhere on the Marina Premises at least 48 hours prior to any planned work on Marina grounds. The Marina may grant permission to such contractors upon their compliance with the Marina’s conditions and insurance requirements for contractors. Contractors working in the Marina must check-in and out with the Marina office daily.
- Owner Work. Owners of watercraft registered with the Marina may perform minimal maintenance work on their boats. Extensive repair or work, such as oil changes, requires prior written permission and may result in a requirement to relocate work to a more suitable area. Guests and other users of the Marina are not permitted to do work at courtesy docks.
- Unoccupied Slips. The Marina reserves the right to make unoccupied licensed Docks available to transient boaters or for other uses for any period in which the Renter is not occupying such dock. However, no non-Renter Watercraft may be moored at any licensed Dock for any amount of time, except the fuel dock or any other courtesy dock the Marina makes available, without first obtaining Marina management’s permission. Watercraft owners shall notify the Marina of any planned overnight absences.
- Removal of Personal Property. Daily fees may be assessed for Watercraft, vehicles, or trailers left overnight by Renters or guests. If personal property is left thirty days, such property will be considered abandoned and the Marina will dispose of property as deemed appropriate without any liability to you.
- Parking. Parking is permitted only in designated, graveled areas for automobiles, golf cars, and trailers. No grass areas should be used. Parking in loading zones near courtesy slips is limited to 10 minutes. The launching/loading ramp access can be very congested and should never be used for parking, loading, or wiping down/cleaning Watercraft. The Marina reserves the right to limit parking to only Wet and Dry Slip renters (as evidenced by the parking stickers issued by the Marina) on busy days.
- Events and Photography. By attending or participating in any event hosted by the Marina on Marina grounds or by being on the Marina grounds for any reason, you agree that the Marina may take photographs, video, and audio of you and your guests and by such presence on or use of the Marina Grounds you and your guests grant the Marina and the Marina’s permitted vendors a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use the name and likeness of you and your guests and any photograph, video, or audio taken on the Marina Premises incorporating your name, likeness, voice, or personal property in any printed or digital promotion or publication in any media now known or invented in the future..
Please remember we are all here because we want to be, having fun with our families and friends. If something appears unsafe or wrong, please tell us about it and we will do our best to help correct the problem.